Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Prayer Shawl

My church has a prayer shawl ministry. I made this to donate to them. I did the base of the shawl on a loom, then I hand wove the ribbons in a basket-weave pattern through the open loops in the base. As you know, when making a prayer shawl, one is to begin and end in a prayer for the receiver of the shawl. I don't know who will receive this shawl, so a prayer was said for any individual who may need and get this one. I must say that this was quite an undertaking, taking many hours of hand weaving, some of those moments were probably spent no too prayerfully. I don't think I will do this pattern again.

Go! Create something,
JE
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Just checking to see if my own comment would post. I have people trying to post, but can't.

    JE

    ReplyDelete