Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Haven't Been Sitting Idle


I really haven't been sitting idle. I have been jumping from craft to craft lately. Since learning to crochet last winter, I have been very busy crocheting prayer shawls. I have a dear, sweet cousin who is a double mastectomy cancer survivor. She has recently had both ankles replaced, too. She is a fighter and I thought she could use a prayer shawl after all she's been through. She lives in southern California, so this southwestern design just seem to fill the bill for her.










The next prayer shawl shown here is a work in progress. My sister-in-law has a friend that needs our prayers, and is going through a lot of illness with her husband. Sis asked me to create a shawl to give her for Christmas. I call this my "Tree of Life" shawl. It isn't finished yet. All the components are here, just not attached to the lattice work shawl.













This shawl is another work in progress for a friend of Prof's. When it is finished, it will have either the yellow flowers or white ones on the dark green stripes near the ends, with either fringe or tassels attached.










Also in progress is this baby blanket for a special couple who are expecting their first child. I haven't been told if it is a boy or girl, so I chose the softest, palest yellow yarn in the store. This pattern is intricate (for me) and requires the most concentration, and there are 139 of those little patterns in each row,so it's taking me a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment